Wednesday, September 3, 2008

美國之行, Updated

While things seems to be quite bad from my previous entry, they are getting a bit better now.

Just a thing to mention is the extraordinary high price of textbooks here. It costs USD $ 150 for a new, and USD $ 100 for an old one! Unbelievable! Ridiculous! I regretted sincerely for not bringing textbooks to US.

And food is expensive too. An ordinary cost around 6 dollars. For dinner, it could be 9 or 10. Just how the hell can Americans live on with that junk food, priced so highly? I tried to skip meals but you can't really do it all the time, do you?

Enrolled in three courses with significant writing components, in which two does not have any midterm nor final, I bet the workload could be tremendous and worst - continuous. I might need to abandon the optimistic hope that I could freely skip lessons and go on travel...

Also, my computer has not been fixed yet. It is a true nightmare for exchange students. The only thing that I could do for the moment is to wait. Wait wait wait.

Meanwhile, for those who read my blog, my friends, sorry for putting the blog in English as I found it inconvenient to type Chinese in the computer barn. Do take care; I am looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

No comments: